Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring And Pinion Gears Kit
Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion Gears for Toyota 8" Axles
Looking for a Toyota Ring & Pinion that is even stronger than our Trail-Creeper Ring & Pinion gears? Trail-Gear is proud to introduce Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears. The 29-spline section on the pinion shaft is 7% bigger in diameter than the standard 27-spline pinion shaft, resulting in fewer broken pinion shafts.
Our Trail-Creeper Ring & Pinion gears are made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance. The gear teeth are cut using Gleason CNC hobbing machines & cutters. Gleason gear-cutting technology produces an unprecedented level of accuracy and surface finish, which allows the gears to transmit more torque and improve fuel efficiency. The higher accuracy and surface finish also produces a quieter-running gear set, which means they'll work great on the daily driver too.
If you're looking for a Gear Set that's easy on the wallet, but can handle whatever you throw at it, look no further, because Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears are only available from Trail-Gear.
On Toyota trucks we recommend 4.88's for 33" tires and 5.29 for 35" and larger.
Fits 79-85 4WD Toyota axle 8" ring gear, and most 86-95 rear axles only.
Note: Requires 29-spline pinion flange, 29-spline pinion seal, & 29-spline pinion nut (sold separately).
RING & PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or over-heating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring & pinion failure.
- After installation drive lightly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours.
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles.
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles.
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil.
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
WARNING - Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance
- 29-Spline pinion spline is 7% larger in diameter than the 27-spline for increased strength
- Available in 4.88 & 5.29 ratios for 4-cyl, V6, & high pinion applications
- Requires Ring & Pinion Setup kit to complete the installation into your existing differential housing
- For Toyota 8" solid axles only. Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles
- 1979-1985 Toyota Pickup (Requires 29-spline diff flange, nut, & seal)
- 1986-1995 Toyota Pickup (Rear axle only. Requires 29-spline diff flange, nut, & seal)
- 1984-1985 Toyota 4Runner (Requires 29-spline diff flange, nut, & seal)
- 1986-1995 Toyota 4Runner (Rear axle only. Requires 29-spline diff flange, nut, & seal)
Note: Will not fit 7.5" IFS front axles.
Download installation instructions here.Installation Instructions
Trail-Gear 12-Month Limited Warranty Policy
This product carries our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date.
Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Please download, review and follow the instructions outlined in our Return, Exchange, Warranty Form before shipping any product(s).
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
Warranty Claim Procedures
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email [email protected] prior to returning any product(s) under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice on the outside of product packaging.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
Shipping AddressShip all products to:
5356 E. Pine Avenue
Fresno, CA 93727
- If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. Completing the steps above will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repair.
- Customers outside of the United States should email the warranty department at [email protected] to receive further instructions. These customers may have the option to "field destroy" an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.