Rock Assault Samurai Rear Axle Housing Kit
Rock Assault™ Samurai Rear Axle Housing Kit
Trail-Gear is proud to introduce "The Strongest Samurai Axle Housing Ever Made". The Samurai Rock Assault Axle Housing Kit is a Toyota IFS width axle housing that is offset for a Samurai t-case. This housing features a heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section shell that is specially shaped to ensure a minimum of 3/4" additional clearance under the differential. The differential mounting surface is made from 1/2” plate steel and comes with our Differential Stud Eliminator Kit to ensure that your differential never pulls out of the housing. The outer offset flanges are made from 4130 chromoly to prevent distortion or bending. Axle tubes are made from 1/4” thick DOM tubing, with a 3” outer diameter.
This exclusive design features axle tubes that have been offset above the housing centerline. The inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center. The results are an increase of 3/8" ground clearance under the axle tubing. The center section is offset to line up with the Samurai t-case so that your driveline does not vibrate from being offset.
The Samurai Rock-Assault axle housings use stock or aftermarket 1986-1995 Toyota Pickup/4Runner brake backing plates and brake assemblies and uses a custom length chromoly axle shaft that Trail-Gear is also very proud to manufacture. The Samurai Rock-Assault axle housings also use a Toyota 8" differential. An optional fill/inspection cap can be installed for an additional fee.
Overall housing length is 51 1/2 inches from mounting flange to mounting flange. Axle is shipped unpainted and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. We recommend degreasing housing inside and out before installation and painting.
This housing uses a Toyota 8" differential.
- Samurai Rear Axle Housing, 141038-3-KIT
- Samurai Rear Axle Housing, Electric Locker Style, 141044-3-KIT
- Samurai Rear Axle Housing, With Inspection Hole Kit, TGI-308776
- Samurai Rear Axle Housing, Electric Locker Style, With Inspection Hole Kit, TGI-308777
- Samurai Rock Assault Rear Axle Housing
- Chromoly Samurai axles
- Differential stud eliminator kit
- Differential drain plug
- Ultra grey silicone
- We recommend the addition of our Axle Housing Inspection Hole Kit to allow for easy fluid level and ring gear visibility. Just select "With Inspection Hole Kit Installed" in the drop down menu above. The kit is also available in a DIY installation version (requiring drilling through the differential housing and welding on a threaded bung)
- In order to achieve full ground clearance, you will need to grind the bottom of the differential housing flange flush with the axle housing!
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section shell that is specially shaped to ensure a minimum of 3/4" additional clearance under the differential
- Differential mounting surface is made from 1/2” plate steel and comes with our Differential Stud Eliminator Kit
- outer offset flanges are made from 4130 chromoly
- Axle tubes are made from 1/4” thick DOM tubing, with a 3” outer diameter
- 3/8" ground clearance under the axle tubing
- Uses stock or aftermarket 1986-1995 Toyota Pickup/4Runner brake backing plates and brake assemblies and uses a custom length chromoly axle shaft
- Uses a Toyota 8" differential
- Overall housing length is 51 1/2 inches from mounting flange to mounting flange
1986 Suzuki Samurai
1987 Suzuki Samurai
1988 Suzuki Samurai
1989 Suzuki Samurai
1990 Suzuki Samurai
1991 Suzuki Samurai
1992 Suzuki Samurai
1993 Suzuki Samurai
1994 Suzuki Samurai
1995 Suzuki Samurai
If you have any questions on the use or installation of this product please contact our customer support at (559)-549-6737
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email [email protected] prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, Ca 93727.
Ship all products to:
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice on the outside of the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at [email protected] to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.