Bilstein 5160 Remote Reservoir Rear Shock Pair for 05+ Tacoma (25-242379/25-242539)
Bilstein B8 5160 Remote Reservoir Rear Shock Pair For 05+ Tacoma (25-242379/25-242539)
These Bilstein B8 5160 remote reservoir shock absorbers are designed as a direct fit solution for 2005-Current Toyota Tacomas. The remote reservoir will offer increased cooling capacity and wheel travel to optimize overall performance compared to a traditional shock absorber. These shock absorbers feature a monotube design for consistent fade free performance and utilize velocity sensitive digressive valve settings which are tuned for each specific application. Each shock absorber is fitted with a unique 360 degree swivel banjo hose fitting, providing a clean, low profile installation. B8 5160 remote reservoir shock absorbers will increase overall durability of your vehicle allowing you to conquer the harshest of off-road environments.
We installed some of these on our 13 Tacoma DC LB and found it to be a well thought out and complete install with good instructions and a nice ride. We found the passenger side shock mounts in front of the axle and that exposes the exposed shock shaft to roost rash (they don't have shaft boots) so we slightly modified a Fox Roost Shield with a die grinder (to fit better around the factory lower shock mounts) and put it on there. It worked well. The driver side shock mounts behind the axle and is better protected from roost rash.
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Includes Driver Side Unit PN: 25-242379 (which also includes brake line spacer hardware kit B4-XB1-Z096A03), Passenger Side Unit PN: 25-242539 and Reservoir Mounts
- 46mm monotube design ensures consistent, fade-free performance in all conditions
- Self-adjusting deflective disc valving reacts immediately to surface changes enabling maximum vehicle control
- Remote reservoir increases shock oil capacity for greater heat dissipation
- Designed to easily install in vehicle's stock mounting locations
- Unique swivel banjo fitting on reservoir allows for 360° rotation
- Increases wheel travel on most applications
- Shock Length is 14.22" Collapsed and 24.06" Extended
- Made in the USA
Note: An optional Billet Aluminum Reservoir Clamp is available to attach the reservoir directly to the shock.
5160 Series Monotube Reservoir Shock Absorber
Monotube vs. Twintube
How are BILSTEIN Shock Absorbers Made?
Technology Icon Video - Remote Reservoir
Datasheet - Bilstein B8 5160
- 2005-Current Toyota Tacoma