ARB Airlocker Bulkhead Kit, NEW Oring Version
ARB engineers are constantly checking and re-checking their products for ways to improve their design. In May 2009, they made a few small changes to the familiar bulkhead design.
Benefits of the new design include:
- No need for the FERRULE or the INNER SUPPORT TUBE in the kit, and therefore there are less total parts.
- Tube can be repaired without consumable parts (FERRULE and INNER SUPPORTTUBE) and therefore the new design offers far easier in-field serviceability.
- No tear-through failures off-road if the tube is snagged and pulled sharply off to the side.
- Less parts to install means a quicker install time.
- Easier to set-up because no exact compression nut torque is required to form a seal.
- Will retrofit into any current ARB 3.5mm bulkhead fitting without removing the diff.
- New design is identifiable by the 3 notches in each of the 2 new fittings.
From May 1st 2009 all Air Lockers (ie. all Air Lockers with serial numbers 09050000 and higher) come with the revised bulkhead kit (ARB# 170111).
The 170105 kit was the predecessor to the 170111. These work with the 3.5mm copper seal housing line. That airline is bright and malleable. The 170102 kit is for the older, 3/16 steel seal housing airline.
- 1- Bulkhead Junction Support Spring (170701)
- 1- Outer Compression Nut (5MM) (170661)
- 1- Middle Control Compression Nut (5MM to 3.5MM) (170660)
- 1- O-Ring, BS104N70 (160234)
- 1- Bulkhead Body (3.5MM ORing Type) 1/4" NPT Thread into Differential Housing (170611)
All newer ARB Air Lockers with 3.5MM Copper Line
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email [email protected] prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93727.
Ship all products to:
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice inside the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at [email protected] to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.